Wednesday, January 8, 2014

First round of tests... done!

Hello all!
Today I had my first ultrasound and blood work. My blood work came back great! My ultrasound showed 6-7 eggs, which is average for a woman who is not on medications yet. I will begin my second injection January 11th. This injection will help my body produce more eggs. Lindsay will be starting her second injection on January 9th. Her medication will help her body prepare for and help our baby grow for nine months. I also found out today that Dr. Williams (our fertility doctor) would prefer to do my egg retrieval in a hospital setting. I will have the procedure done at the Ross Heart Hospital. This way my heart will be able to be monitored more closely. Most women are able to have the procedure done at the fertility clinic, but I have to be extra careful with my heart condition. It's better to be safe, especially when bringing a baby into this world. I want to be here and be healthy, so I can be the best mommy to Baby M that I can be!

I am very excited, but nervous at the same time. I want to be a mommy so bad! I have always known I would want children someday. I had the shock of my life when my cardiologist advised me to not become pregnant. I never thought my heart would stop me from something I want so much. I can't believe it has been almost one year since my doctor broke this news to me and Scott. This has been the hardest year of my life. My heart is still broken and even though we have been very, very blessed with Lindsay helping us start our family, there is still a small part of my heart that will never heal.

Please continue to pray for our future family. Scott and I want very much to be parents and we thank everyone who has helped and supported us along our way. We are very thankful and appreciative of so many family and friends! We couldn't do this without you all!

I will try to update more often since things are moving fast! In the meantime check out our pages!

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/projectbabym?ref=hl
GiveForward- http://gfwd.at/1gqCvu9

Thanks for reading,
Scott and Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment